Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer 2008 Update

It has been awhile since I last posted. It seems like everytime I got ready to post something else happened:)

June 2008
Harvest came and went. For the first time in three years, we received a bumper crop and at record prices, it was Christmas in June for the Fisher Family as well as many other farm families. It was truly an answer to prayers and we are extremely grateful to God for what He has provided.

June also brought about a scary couple of days. I got really sick right in the middle of harvest. It didn't get better after taking antibiotics and I wound up in the ER on a Sunday night. They admitted me and I had to spend three days in the hospital for something that we still aren't real sure about. Thankfully, it is another answered prayer and I am feeling like a million bucks again:)

July 2008
We had a very busy July. I always think that Summer will be savored and enjoyed. Ours was planned and crammed to the max. My sister, Ashley got married the first weekend of August, so we had many prewedding things to contend with in July. We also planned our first family vacation in over three years and our first as a family of FIVE:) We drove to San Antonio and spent seven nights down there. It was a great time. We spent time on the Riverwalk, shopping, two days at Sea World, and a couple just resting. We dodge a hurricane scare while we were down there, and were thankful that it brought cooler weather to the area.

July also had another momentous milestone for my family: My parents' addition is complete on the inside. My Dad did a absolutely fantastic job. For a man that has never built anything on this scale before, it truly looks as if a construction crew was hired. It is fabulous. Our first big family gathering will be next month as we celebrate my mother's birthday togehter. It should be awesome.

August 2008
As I said earlier, my sister, Ashley, got married on August 2. Darin is our new "brother" and we are very happy for the two of them. Not long after this momentous event, the next best thing happened: the boys went back to school!!!! Ok, so it doesn't really compare to my sister getting married, but I, as their mother, am so glad to have a routine again. They both amaze me with how different, but equally smart they truly are.

I have also started my new business. Check out what I am doing at . We are all excited about this! I am excited to be building something of my own and to be creating financial independence for myself. http://lesleyfisher.com/

Kinsley is quickly approaching birthday number 1 (Sept 21). Her newest trick, in addition to waving bye, shaking her head no-no, and saying hi, is taking a couple of steps. She just did it today. It was so AWESOME!!! I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to be a stay at home Mom to witness all of these milestones with each of my children. I can't thank God enough for that.

I think that gets you caught up on the happenings around here. I will add new pictures soon!!!!

No comments: