Monday, May 10, 2010

School's Out...

Almost anyways! The boys are on the home stretch. They have this week, and then they are out on Summer Break. Damon keeps telling everyone he is almost a Second Grader:) Hard to believe that they are almost that age. I can vividly remember sending them to school the first day...It is hard to believe that was almost three years ago!

Kinsley has this week and next left at Mother's Day Out. She loves going to the Methodist Church for that. She calls it "my ool". She was so excited to go this morning and I love that she gladly goes in and doesn't cry when it is time to be dropped off. She has grown up quite a bit in the last nine months!

I survived turning 30 last week! Actually, it was a very pleasant time around here. I had dreaded it so long, that I think my body and brain were spent just enough to enjoy it! It was a very simplistic week, but yet very meaningful. I love those kinds of times! Mother's Day was much the same! I have spent each of the kids' birthdays always in retrospective about the year that is gone and in thinking about the year ahead, but rarely ever do that for myself. Turning 30 made me take a serious look at where I am at in life, where I have been, and where I am headed. It was a GREAT thing!

Kevin is staying busy. He spent the better part of the last week and half getting our soybean crop in the ground. He lacks 30 acres from being done, which is a relief! I don't think my arms and legs could take much more lifting of bags and buckets of soybeans into the drill:) He is enjoying his job with ProAg too! I can see changes in his life and really like what I see. He has more responsibilities now, but yet makes more time for the kids and me. I can't explain it, but he seems more relaxed, less on edge, and seems to be thoroughly enjoying life. It is definitely a good thing for all of us.

Life is crazy and hectic, but yet it is enjoyable. We are truly loving life right now! Maybe 30 won't be so bad after all!!!

No comments: