Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Priceless Moments!!!

Having to five year olds in the house, there is never a dull moment. There is never a time when I don't look at them in wonder and amazement at the things they come up with. This weekend was no different.

Usually on Saturday mornings we have a whole line up of TV. Well the house needed some TLC this weekend, so we had the boys help. It was 8:00 am, and I told them if they helped until 9:30, they could watch an hour's worth of TV. They helped on the living room and in the dining room and kitchen. At 9:20, I told them to go and work on their room for ten minutes. I looked back there and saw stuff just being shoved in drawers. That is not the way they were taught to do it. I got angry.

I went back there and dumped out any drawer where the stuff was not put away right. I told them there would be no TV, and they were to clean their stuff up, but this time put it in the right place.

Well thirty minutes later, they were still having difficulty. Things were still not put away the way they were supposed to be. I called in the big guns: Daddy. He went back there and asked what the trouble seemed to be. Without hesitation Dilon looked at him and said, "Well, we were cleaning up the living room for Mom. She got mad for some reason and all of the sudden dumped all of our stuff out of our drawers!"

Without missing a beat Damon chimes in, "Yeah, that is what happened." Kevin was speechless. It was hard to be mad, but I had to try. We have gotten many good laughs over this story though. Damon just goes along all the time with whatever Dilon says as long as it benefits him.

As I said there is never a dull moment in our house, especially with two the same exact age. I am sure when Kinsley can talk, the stories will get even better:)

No comments: