Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Little Duckie #3

The boys have always loved the water. I can't ever remember a time from about six months on, when bathtime wasn't their favorite time of day. They are older now, and are able to either take a bath or shower on their own. It is nice in some ways to not have to be over the top of them, and sad in others that it is one more thing they no longer need Mom for.

Tonight, I was checking email while they were finishing up. Dilon came streaking through the house yelling Mom we need you. I was scared and went running. Thankfully, I came upon the funniest thing I had seen all day. Little Miss had climbed into the shower with them, fully clothed. She was splashing and laughing and having a ball. I tried to get her shirt off, and she crawled away to the other side. Finally, we managed to get everything off, and she got to play with her brothers. It was sweet, funny, and priceless all at the same time.

I went and ate lunch with my mom today. I was asked several times by different people if Kinsley misses her brothers. I told them she does really well while they are gone, and she really does. However, tonight, reinforced how much she loves them, and how much she looks up to them and wants to be right there with them doing what they are doing. They spent an hour before that playing with the clean laundry and the basket. Just the three of them entertaining each other.

It was truly an evening of simplistic nature that I hope I will remember for the rest of my life. I am so thankful everyday that God blessed me with the amazingly special three little souls He did. We have our moments of not so great, but nights like tonight sure make up for the not so great ones!

Here is one of my favorite pictures from our trip this summer. Me with my three little gifts:)

No comments: