Sunday, February 3, 2008

Duct Tape Clothing???

Ok Ok....I have been out of the loop for quite awhile. Being a stay-at-home mom has a tendency to do that to a person. It also hasn't helped that my kids were small and I have stayed AT HOME all of these years.

But this was a new one for me. I got to spend yesterday making DUCT TAPE CLOTHING!!!! You see, basketball playoffs start this week for small schools across Oklahoma. The school is having spirit week in conjunction with this. Tomorrow is Duct Tape day. You can decorate your clothes with duct tape or get creative and make something to wear.

The boys and I (along with Kinsley, of course) went to Wal-Mart yesterday. We picked out colored duct tape (Kevin and I had no idea they even made such a thing...we must live in the dark ages). Damon picked out purple and of course his fav, blue. Dilon picked out red and yellow. They each have a floor length looking over coat made out of their colors. The inside is silver (the only tape color I knew they made). I wrote on each boy's coat "Go Fight Win, #1, and so on." It was fun to make but time consuming. Both boys absolutely love them. I can't wait to go to school and see what the other kids have come up with. That could be a post all its own tomorrow:)



A new one for Mom...Making "Duct Tape Clothes"

I am open to ideas (send either email or post under comments) for the rest of the week. Tuesday is picture day so they are doing picture perfect which is already taken care of by mom:). Wednesday is Senior Citizen Day (I have no idea how to make two, five-year-olds look like old men...HELP). Thursday is Celebrity/Hero Day and Friday is sports fan day. It ought to be fun...Check back for pictures:)

No comments: