Monday, April 14, 2008

The Last Lecture

My life has changed considerably in the last couple of months. I have been taking a training course on Monday nights to become a virtual assistant. It is all the things an assistant can do; however, you build a relationship, or partnership, with your client and do it from the comfort of your home. I have been looking at my life differently since I started this program. I am not a believer in accidental encounters in life. I feel like everything happens for a reason.

Last week, Diane Sawyer did a special presentation called "The Last Lecture: A Love Story for Your Life." I don't know how many caught it, but it was truly inspirational and amazing. Randy Pausch, professor at Carnegie Mellon University, was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer two years ago. It went into remission and then came back last fall. He was given three to six months to live. He has three small children and a loving wife. His outlook on life and on death is awe inspiring. I wanted to share his website with all of you and encourage you to watch the Last Lecture. I will put a link to his site under favorite links on my page. Enjoy!

In other news, Baby Avery is off of the "lights" for her jaundice. We went to see her this weekend and she is doing better. She has her days and nights mixed up much to the dismay of her mom and dad. Kevin, the lovely soul he is, told them that all first time parents deserved that. Tara is doing better too. Her blood pressure is finally coming down.

Curtis and Robin officially set the date for the wedding: November 22, 2008, in Stillwater. It will be a busy fall around the Fisher household.

Check back soon for new pictures!! The boys have a spring program tomorrow night and the whole Scheffler family is going to the OKC Zoo on Sunday. We haven't gotten to do anything together like that in awhile and we are all looking forward to it!

No comments: