Friday, February 6, 2009

Allergy Testing

I took Kinsley yesterday for allergy testing. We determined that it would not be necessary right now to test for all the weeds and grasses, but they went ahead and did the food testing. She is officially allergic to Peanuts and Eggs. However, until they do blood testing, we won't know the exact severity. She had about the same reaction, size wise, to both, so that is kinda of scary given we had no clue about the eggs.

I had no idea that her eczema is most likely related to her allergic conditions. I thought it was independent but the PA said that most likely it is related at least on some level. Her breathing was also a concern due to croup that she had this week.

So they sent us home with a long list of meds for her breathing, her skin, prevention, and emergency precaution. I can't imagine what my little cancer patient friends' moms go through with meds. I brought home four lotions, nose spray, two neubulizer medications, Zyrtec, an Epi-Pen, and five pages of instruction on avoiding eggs, peanuts, and cough action plan instructions, and I WAS OVERWHEMED!

Today, we went to Kingfisher to get her blood drawn. That was a mistake. Her little veins are almost invisible. They stuck her in three different spots. One vein they couldn't get to in her hand, her one in her right arm collapsed, and her left arm they couldn't find the vein. They gave up! I called the Dr. and we are supposed to go sometime next week to OKC to Mercy Hospital where they have someone who specializes in Pediatric Labs. Kinsley was a trooper though. She cried (of course), but it never took more than thirty seconds for her to stop after each stick, and she even went back to the bed after each stick like it was no big deal. She is one tough little cookie!!!

Say a special prayer today for my sister, Ashley. She is in the hospital, being induced today. Haley should be here sometime today or tomorrow. Also, keep praying for Morgan, Connor, Logan, and Gene! I know more people with cancer right now than I care too!

No comments: